Monday 1 April 2013

THE LAST PUSH

With just on a month till i venture over to new zealand for the rotorua marathon its time for the last push home .The last couple of months have been very tough training in the heat and humidity a fact borne out in my last 30km run ,despite starting at 8'oclock in the morning i was soaked in sweat by 6km and was forced several times in the last 8kms to stop under shade and let my body cool down despite taking on plenty of fluids. Finishing training runs with my i've been running in the sauna look has been a regular thing .Despite this the training has piled up my Achilles tendon is holding up despite a few scarces and i have probably erred on the side of caution with my buildup .I have one more big long run planned and will start throwing in more shorter faster runs . The barmaid coach is in the running for the coach of the year for her outstanding efforts in keeping me off the coopers beer and sending me home for early nights ,not only that she trained up the other staff to do the same thing  when she wasn't there !!!! what a woman! I was going to have a hitout on easter monday in an off road 1\2 marathon but wasn't prepared to risk my tendon on the rough terrain and decided against it again erring on the side of caution .Visits to the chiro and massage therapist are on the cards as  my body is like an old 2nd hand car, needs lots of maintenance .Im not expecting to set the world on fire over there just have a solid run and finish what i started 37 years ago . I bet rotorua still smells the same . Thanks for your interest .

No comments:

Post a Comment